Friday, February 1, 2008

Team Building Camp at Shaver's Creek







I am enrolled in this class called Diolog on Races where we just sit in a circle every mondays and wednesdays and talk about race related issues for 2 hours. There are 7 students in the class including me and this is by far the best most educational experience i have ever gone trough. I have learnt so much about myself and how, why people from different backgrounds think differently. Last sunday we took a van ride to shaver's creek for a Team building camp that lasted the whole day. Shaver's Creek (land own by penn state university) is situated in the mountains about half an hour from my university. We basically played some team building games and we had to analyse the idea behind every game. That was fun but very common. We had fecilitators who actually tore us down and kept asking us very personal stuff so that we be open to the rest in the group. We were asked critical issues and we had to give opinions about it and have a proper reason for our opinion. At first it was very unconfortable to speak our mminds out but towards the end of the day, we were so open to each other. I learnt so much about myself and this camp helped me alot in breaking my walls while understanding stuff outside my box. The group i went with is more like my family now here in Penn State. I wished education institutes in Malaysia come up with these kind of programs to increase integration among race as well as understanding other peoples point of view.

1 comment:

DP said...

Simret, looks like you're makin the most outta your stay. Keep it up bro, this is certainly the BEST phase of your life! :)